Saturday, September 22, 2007

Stuck in Traffic? Stop complaining and do something useul.

I was reading this article today about people being stuck in traffic. I used to live somewhere where traffic is just as bad as Dubai, but not as dangerous. Anyway I would have a massive commute three times a week for work. Each way took at least 1.5 hours.

So guess what I did. I didn't write to the city and complain about something that can't be solved. I learned another language. That's right. I used the traffic time and an audio CD to learn something.
I find that when you are in a situation that does not have an immediate solution, the best thing to do is to make it better. I mean it is very ignorant to spend everyday being angry at things you can't control.

Even books on-tape my help those who have TV brain-rot. Walk away from the reality TV and spend an hour listening....the theater of the mind is not as boring as you might think.

D. Blogger.

No comments: